Login to access subscriber-only resources.
Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Support documents provided as per authors guidelines with regards to checklists for specific study designs
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Cover letter indicating 1) manuscript contains original research; 2) the work has not been published before; 3) the manuscript is not currently under review by another journal; and 4) all authors have read and approved the manuscript.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- Abstract not more than 200 words.
- Three potential reviewers and contact details are included in the cover letter.
- Title page is included indicating the authors, their affiliations and contact details
- The text is 1.0 spaced; uses a 10-point font in Times New Roman; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed at the end of the references each on a separate page. The text in the Tables and Figures should be in 10-point Time News Roman.
- An ethical approval number is supplied or a statement indicating which body approved the study is included in the section "Ethical considerations"
- The manuscript have been edited by a native English speaker for UK English.
This section is open to all authors. Submissions to this section must be based on original research and will be subject to peer review.
This section is open to all authors. Submission to this section must be based on Cochrane guidelines for preparing systematic review or systematic reviews with meta-analyses. All submissions will be subjected to peer review.
This section is open to all section editors. Submissions will not be peer reviewed.
Copyright of the South African Journal for Research in Sport, Physical Education and Recreation is held by the Journal.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party. The journal adheres to the Protection of Personal Information Act, 2013.